| Welcome to LiquidFootball. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| FIFA / UEFA Corruption Thread | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Mar 23 2013, 06:46 PM (3,659 Views) | |
| AntMcfc | Mar 23 2013, 06:46 PM Post #1 |
|
POTY
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
SICK OF THESE CUNTS RUINING FOOTBALL, THEY RIG THE CL DRAWS AND NOW THE AWARD CEREMONIES Mourinho hints at Coach of the Year award fix The 50-year-old did not attend the gala to unveil the recipient of the managerial honour in January, and he has now set the record straight behind his absence Jose Mourinho has attacked the voting process behind crowning the winner of the 2012 Fifa Coach of the Year prize. The Real Madrid boss was named as one of the final three candidates for the managerial accolade in November, but intimated that he would not be attending the award ceremony, citing his side's Copa del Rey commitments. However, in a television interview due to be aired on Tuesday, Mourinho suggested that the real reason for his absence was due to the irregular nature of how the votes were counted in determining the recipient of the honour. "Do I regret not attending the [Coach of the Year] gala? No, it was the right decision," he told Record. "They called me more than once. Two or three people said they voted for me but they appeared in another vote so I decided not to go." Spain's Vicente del Bosque was ultimately announced as the Coach of the Year following La Roja's Euro 2012 success. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mourinho backs 'honest' Pandev in coaching vote controversy The Napoli star insisted that he voted for the Portuguese rather than Vicente del Bosque in the Coach of the Year award, despite Fifa's claims to the contrary Jose Mourinho has backed Goran Pandev for showing "honesty and strength" in disputing the validity of his voting slip for the 2012 Coach of the Year award. The 50-year-old last week intimated at a possible fix in determining the winner of the accolade Vicente del Bosque, but the world governing body insisted that the FYROM captain nominated the Spain boss, releasing an image of his ballot paper. "Pandev was one of those that called me. Others prefer to remain anonymous, and I can only respect that. I appreciate Goran's honesty and strength," Mourinho said at an event in his hometown, Setubal. "My intention was to explain why I didn't attend the gala, not why I didn't win. I probably wouldn't have won it anyway, but things are now clear to me and no-one can criticise me, period!" Pandev had insisted that the ballot paper Fifa published was not his own: "All I can say is that the signature that appears on the fax is not mine. Jose Mourinho was my choice. Everyone knows that," he told Calciomercato. "We all know strange things go on here, but we can't change the way it is. Neither me nor Mourinho can." And in another twist, Fifa released an official statement to challenge Pandev's integrity, claiming that the ex-Lazio man should demand an explanation from his country's football association. "If Pandev doesn't recognise his vote, he should hold his country's federation accountable, not us," it said. |
![]() |
|
| AntMcfc | Mar 23 2013, 06:47 PM Post #2 |
|
POTY
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
TURKISH FORMER REFEREE CLAIMS UEFA FIXED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAWS WITH ‘VIBRATING BALLS’ File this one under ‘you couldn’t make this up’ (or could you?). One thing that is always predictable about high-profile draws for the latter stages of cup competitions is that someone, somewhere will claim that the draw was rigged to favour certain teams. This morning, according to reports in the Spanish and Turkish press, Turkish former referee and current sports broadcaster Ahmet Çakar has claimed that UEFA manipulated the recent draws for the Champions League and Europa League, in order to guarantee that big clubs and clubs from the same country would not meet until the semi final stage. In a broadcast on Turkish television, the ex-referee demonstrated the system that he believes was used to manipulate the draws. He claims that UEFA secretary Gianni Infantino was secretly manipulating a lever, which would cause certain balls in the draw pot to emit a vibration, which the person drawing the balls (which in recent events have included Patrick Kluivert and Steve McManaman) would sense to draw the ‘correct’ balls. Çakar’s live drawing showed him drawing the same line-up as the official draw, which kept both Real Madrid and Barcelona, and Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich apart. Previously, UEFA was accused by others of fixing the December drawing after the practice and live drawings both produced the same results, and in 2003 Sir Alex Ferguson was fined £5,000 by UEFA for saying : “It was a nice draw for the Spanish and Italians – I think they picked it themselves. The three Italian teams have avoided each other and so have the three Spanish teams. How do you think that worked out? I can tell you – UEFA don’t want us in the final, that’s for sure. I don’t know why they have given the final to Old Trafford because they don’t want us to get there.” UEFA is yet to respond to the latest claims. Video footage from Turkish television : |
![]() |
|
| AntMcfc | Oct 1 2014, 07:38 AM Post #3 |
|
POTY
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
It's so obvious we're not wanted in the CL, it's so corrupt. Stone wall penalties denied every single game, two 100% pens not given yesterday and the one we fucking did get was given by the linesman as the referee turned away and said no. Sick of getting stitched up with the same teams every year, the toughest groups etc, it's not even funny anymore and genuinely stains what was supposed to be the best footballing nights of my life. |
![]() |
|
| Alfie | Oct 1 2014, 08:47 AM Post #4 |
|
GGG
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Sounds like a false flag to me |
![]() |
|
| AntMcfc | Nov 13 2014, 05:09 PM Post #5 |
|
POTY
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
More corruption going on at FIFA. They released a report this morning which was compiled by an independent source. The report they released claimed there was nothing wrong with Qatar and Russia's World Cup bids. Now, the bloke who compiled the report for them has claimed FIFA have altered it Such a fucking scum corporation. FIFA corruption report is wrong, says report's key investigator The lawyer who carried out the investigation into corruption involving the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding processes says the findings are wrong. FIFA's independent ethics adjudicator Hans Joachim Eckert had avoided calls for a revote for the 2022 finals to take place in a 42-page summary of New York lawyer Michael Garcia's full report published on Thursday. It has been found that any breaches of regulations by Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 were of a "very limited scope". "In particular, the effects of these occurrences on the bidding process as a whole were far from reaching any threshold that would require returning to the bidding process, let alone reopening it,” said Eckert. But in an astonishing twist, Garica - chairman of the investigatory chamber of FIFA's Ethics Committee - will appeal the findings presented to the public after claiming he had been misrepresented. FA refuse to accept FIFA criticism over failed bid to host 2018 finals In a statement, Garcia said the summury of his report published by FIFA "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions”. "Today's decision by the Chairman of the Adjudicatory Chamber contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions detailed in the Investigatory Chamber's report. I intend to appeal this decision to the FIFA Appeal Committee," said Garcia. Here is a summary of the findings of the report by the FIFA ethics committee's investigation released on Thursday regarding the conduct of the bids for the 2018/2022 World Cups. AUSTRALIA The report pointed to "potentially problematic connections between financial and other support for 'football development' and the bidding process." It said the requests, and Australia's co-operation, "helped create the appearance that benefits were conferred in exchange for a vote thus undermining the credibility of the process." "Moreover, the report identified certain payments from the Football Federation of Australia (FFA) to CONCACAF which...appear to have been co-mingled, at least in part, with personal funds of the then CONCACAF President who at the time also was a FIFA Executive Committee member." The report concluded that "there are certain indications of potentially problematic conduct of specific individuals in the light of relevant FIFA Ethics rules." BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS The report "did not identify any issues with regard to the Belgium/Holland 2018 bid." ENGLAND The England bid team were heavily criticised for indulging the then FIFA executive committee member Jack Warner. This included sponsoring a gala dinner in his native Trinidad and helping an acquaintance find part-time employment in the United Kingdom. Warner also requested benefits for Joe Public, a football club he owned in Trinidad, and the country's football federation. It added that "three of the four FIFA Executive Committee members made improper requests for support or favours towards the England 2018 bid team and/or the FA during the bidding process. "With regard to at least two of these committee members, England 2018 accommodated, or at least attempted to satisfy, the improper requests." It said there was "potentially problematic conduct" by individuals which could lead to further investigation. JAPAN Distributed gifts to senior FIFA officials, members of the executive committee and some of their wives. The value varied from $700 to $2,000 each. The executive committee members denied receiving improper gifts and their explanations and perceptions were "troubling", the report said. The report concluded that any problems "were not even remotely suited to compromise the integrity of the FIFA World Cup 2018/2022 bidding process as a whole." SOUTH KOREA The report said that Mong-Joon Chung, a FIFA executive committee member and honorary president of the Korean FA, had sent letters to his fellow members about a proposal to establish a global football fund. He said South Korea intended to raise $777 million to aid confederations and national associations. The report concluded that "the Global Football Fund letters created at least the appearance of a conflict or an offer of benefits to FIFA Executive Committee members in an effort to influence their votes." It concluded that there was a "potentially problematic conduct of specific individuals" QATAR The report criticised a lack of transparency in the relations between the Qatar bid team and two advisors, whose conduct "raised concerns in the light of relevant FIFA ethics rules." The report said the financing of a friendly between Brazil and Argentina, played in Doha in 2010, raised concerns under relevant ethics rules "in particular in relation to certain arrangements concerning payments intended for the Argentina Football Association. "However, the relevant arrangements were not connected to the Qatar 2022 bid." The report said that Qatar's sponsorship of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Congress in Angola in 2010, at an estimated cost of $1.8 million, created a "negative impression." The report said the relationship between the Qatar bid and former FIFA executive committee member Mohamed Bin Hammam, a fellow Qatari who was banned for life in 2011 in a cash-for-votes scandal, was "somewhat distant". RUSSIA Russia made a "limited amount" of documents available to the investigation because "the computers used at the time by the Russia bid Committee had been leased and then returned to their owner after the Bidding Process. The owner has confirmed that the computers were destroyed in the meantime." The report said Russia attempted to obtain access to the Gmail accounts used during the bidding process from Google USA. "However, the Russia Bid Committee confirmed in a letter dated 1 August 2014 that Google USA had not responded request." The report said no evidence was found of colluding between the Russia and Japan bids. The investigation "considered the evidence available as not sufficient to support any findings of misconduct by the Russia 2018 bid team or any individual involved with it suited to compromise the integrity of the FIFA World Cup 2018/2022 bidding process. |
![]() |
|
| ZeeZoo | Nov 13 2014, 05:11 PM Post #6 |
![]()
Ronaldinho
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I fucking love England and I love "our" journalists in this particular time. Lad's are like attack dogs ffs. |
| BELIEVE | |
![]() |
|
| Raidz | Nov 26 2014, 01:03 PM Post #7 |
RAUMDEUTER
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/11253029/Sony-set-to-end-sponsorship-contract-with-Fifa-becoming-second-major-sponsor-to-cut-ties.html Sony to cut ties with Fifa. First it was Coca Cola, and now Sony have decided to sever ties with Fifa. Japanese electronics giant unlikely to renew deal when current one runs out as Fifa investigates whether there was corruption in bidding process for next two World Cup |
![]() | |
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · General Football · Next Topic » |




![]](http://z4.ifrm.com/000/1/90/f39/f39.png)



Such a fucking scum corporation. 


12:51 AM Jul 11